Insect Screen

I am trying to find out if there is anywhere my husband can buy th

parts to make our own insect screen? We have looked at some on the web, but they are expensive. We like th sliding window option, as our bedroom window is quite wide. We liv near a lake and get lot's of mosquitos at night. We have bought the cheap version (velcro and net) and it does work, bu soon becomes torn and dirty! I have searched for window runners etc on the net, but to no avail! any ideas

regards Gra

-- GroovyGran

Reply to
GroovyGran

In message , GroovyGran wrote

The environmentally friendly solution is to recycle a waste product that the majority of the population have. Go down to the lake and pour a small amount of old engine oil into it. The mosquitos lava will be unable to develop into the flying nuisance you are experiencing.

Reply to
Alan

Cheese cloth is an ideal mesh size for an insect screen. It allows light through pretty well uninterrupted and it can be seen through easily. And best of all, it is cheap to buy from most local cloth shops.

Reply to
BigWallop

Theres a company that produces these in australia (Theres a uk supplier cant find it right now tho) this screen fits over the door and when locked will completly secure your house, sledge hammers/knives etc wont penetrate it, ive seen it work and it does.

Reply to
Oliver