Innards of a Vacuum Cleaner

Does anyone know how to get access to the entrails of ProAction Model no: C J032DH-160 vacuum cleaner, possibly obtained from Argos, without breaking a nything irretrievably ? The symptom is that it "does not work at all". I have managed to remove some minor parts, but I'm wondering about the deep h oles at the rear of the underside. They look like screw holed, but show no sign of having screw heads in their depths.

I suspect a dead motor; on the other hand, although the power indicator doe s light, it lights rather unconvincingly, so the fault might perhaps be wit h the switch.

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

Dunno if this is of any help:

where it says Mine failed some time ago and as a former electrician, I fixed it myself - it was an electrical spade connector which had come adrift due to the tension caused by a very short cable length it was attached to. Pushed it back on and problem solved. HOWEVER BEWARE - I had to break the on/off foot switch to get into the beast, and needed to borrow a special screwdriver to release two (I think) captive head screws which a normal screwdriver would not touch. once opened the problem was simply resolved.

Not having seen the cleaner in question, I'm only guessing about the next bit but, if the respondent had to break the on/off switch then IMO they probably overlooked one or more fasteners. It's quite common to locate fasteners behind the vinyl labels of things: perhaps the manufacturer's logo or the statutory information label. Anyway, if it doesn't come apart after you've removed all the visible fasteners, try using a butter knife or a palette knife to prise the label away from its backing and investigate what's behind.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

: CJ032DH-160 vacuum cleaner, possibly obtained from Argos, without breakin g anything irretrievably ? The symptom is that it "does not work at all". I have managed to remove some minor parts, but I'm wondering about the dee p holes at the rear of the underside. They look like screw holed, but show no sign of having screw heads in their depths.

does light, it lights rather unconvincingly, so the fault might perhaps be with the switch.

Why not just cut a large hole in a promising piece of vulnerabilia then scr ew it back after inserting a 2x1 once you fix the problem?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

: CJ032DH-160 vacuum cleaner, possibly obtained from Argos, without breakin g anything irretrievably ? The symptom is that it "does not work at all". I have managed to remove some minor parts, but I'm wondering about the dee p holes at the rear of the underside. They look like screw holed, but show no sign of having screw heads in their depths.

does light, it lights rather unconvincingly, so the fault might perhaps be with the switch.

Thank you.

I have managed to partly break the foot switch - it no longer fits flush, b ut it still operates the little light.

But, now that direct sunlight is available, I have seen that there is a scr ew head visible at the bottom of at least one of the aforesaid deep holes. Nothing that I have yet found will reach that deep and engage anything - b ut I think now that those might be what needs to be undone.

I had already looked under the type-and-ratings label.

Reply to
dr.s.lartius