Inline dimmer switches

I'm looking for an inline dimmer switch to fit to a bedside light. I know they exist but danged if I can find an on-line supplier.
I'm tried most of the obvious companies in the FAQ without success. Any suggestions?
Tim
--
Remove the obvious to reply by email.

This what you're after:
http://tinyurl.com/q6wd
or (but watch out for the wrap)
http://www.kneesnet.com/acatalog/Kneesnet_Online_In_Line_Dimmer_361.html

--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

TLC have got one by Telco that I use in my bedroom. The only disadvantage is that with a low wattage bulb in the lamp, there isn't enough residual current to turn the dimmer off properly at its lowest setting, so sometimes the lamp glows very dim throughout the night.
Colin

You can't have looked far. ;-)
TLC
HA1331 @ 14.51 quid. 40-300W
Think I saw them in IKEA also, which might be cheaper.
--
*Hang in there, retirement is only thirty years away! *

Dave Plowman wrote:

You show me TLC in the FAQ then. ;-)
As far as I can see, it doesn't appear. I'm sure that to regulars here it's probably a company name that fairly trips off the tongue but it's not one I'm familiar with and I did try the FAQ first.
Anyway, thanks for the info, it is indeed the sort of beast I'm after.
Cheers.
Tim
--
Remove the obvious to reply by email.

It's not in there? I started using them on Matthew Marks recommendation - and he virtually started this group.
--
*If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

A blast from the past - whatever happened to him??!

Massively so - about 4 quid apiece. Fine for those of us for whom an IKEA pod lies on one of the sensible routes between home and work; not much use to the other 99.8% of the population ;-)
Tim Downie wrote:

Hi
I know its not online, but John Lewis do one you can add to the supply cable of a lamp. Not sure if it was 'foot operater' though rather than for sitting in a hanging flex.
IanC