Inline dimmer switches

I'm looking for an inline dimmer switch to fit to a bedside light. I know they exist but danged if I can find an on-line supplier.

I'm tried most of the obvious companies in the FAQ without success. Any suggestions?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

This what you're after:

(but watch out for the wrap)

BigWallop

TLC have got one by Telco that I use in my bedroom. The only disadvantage is that with a low wattage bulb in the lamp, there isn't enough residual current to turn the dimmer off properly at its lowest setting, so sometimes the lamp glows very dim throughout the night.

Colin

Reply to
Colin M

You can't have looked far. ;-)

TLC

HA1331 @ 14.51 quid. 40-300W

Think I saw them in IKEA also, which might be cheaper.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Hi

I know its not online, but John Lewis do one you can add to the supply cable of a lamp. Not sure if it was 'foot operater' though rather than for sitting in a hanging flex.

IanC

Reply to
Ian Clowes

You show me TLC in the FAQ then. ;-)

As far as I can see, it doesn't appear. I'm sure that to regulars here it's probably a company name that fairly trips off the tongue but it's not one I'm familiar with and I did try the FAQ first.

Anyway, thanks for the info, it is indeed the sort of beast I'm after.

Cheers.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Massively so - about 4 quid apiece. Fine for those of us for whom an IKEA pod lies on one of the sensible routes between home and work; not much use to the other 99.8% of the population ;-)

Reply to
stefek.zaba

It's not in there? I started using them on Matthew Marks recommendation - and he virtually started this group.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

A blast from the past - whatever happened to him??!

Reply to
David