Inlet Valve?

Hi, can anyone tell why I need to turn on the cold tap to get the fill valve (with flood protection) on the dishwasher (hotpoint) to operate ? Why is this only required on 2 of the fill ops. and not each time the the valve operates? Initial fill and final rinse require "assistance" (this pattern never changes), .... any ideas? with thanks.

Reply to
kontiki

What happens if you partially close the valve feeding the dishwasher? If there isn't one try partially closing your main stop-tap as a test.

Your dishwasher isn't one of those rare ones that have both hot and cold feeds is it?

If so, and if the hot water is from a tank and cylinder set-up, then the re-filling of the tank after the initial hot fill would have the same pressure-reducing effect as you turning on the kitchen cold tap, and might account for the inconsistency you report. Just a theory though.

Reply to
Graham

Hi, can anyone tell why I need to turn on the cold

Ta for your reply Graham, I've tried various cold tap (feed to washer) settings --->same result! Bog standard setup: mains--

flood prevention valve might be acting up,it's a magnetic hold off type in series with main intake? I notice that if I gently tap on the valve mounting plate while the valve is energised(humming) it operates immediately.Could it be that an "overfill" is detected and that magnetic part of the valve has operated(it may need a gentle tap to reset?).Might be a pressure/level detection prob..oh well I'll have it out from its lair (hardest part of the job!) and give it a good going over. thanks again for your kind reply.

Reply to
kontiki