Inkjet ink removal

Having trouble with the Epson Printer and got some ink on my jeans.

Probably did the wrong thing and washed them - ink remained - tried Meths and Vanish - washed again - ink still there.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
John

Cut out the damaged patch and swap it for a piece of material some where less inconspicuous, or failing that pop down to your local supermarket where a pair of jeans can be yours for an the exchanging of a few golden coins.

No need to thank me for my advice.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Can I have a suggestion for my knee as well please....!

Reply to
John

Fads do a superb range of touch-up paint

Reply to
the_constructor

Printer head cleaner fluid?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

|!>> Probably did the wrong thing and washed them - ink remained - tried Meths |!>> and Vanish - washed again - ink still there. |!>>

|!>> Any suggestions? |!>>

|!> Cut out the damaged patch and swap it for a piece of material some where |!> less inconspicuous, or failing that pop down to your local supermarket |!> where a pair of jeans can be yours for an the exchanging of a few golden |!> coins. |!>

|!> No need to thank me for my advice. |!>

|!> Tom |!>

|! |!Can I have a suggestion for my knee as well please....!

Just leave it, the (coloured) skin flakes off within a week or so.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

This isn't much help to you but it might help others.

It you want to wash something out like water-based ink always wash it COLD. Many of the pigments set into fabric with heat, even quite low heats (30-40).

I remember my Art master at school telling us this with respect to water colour and poster paints - water based yes, but they set if washed hot. The idea was to tell mum before she took the school to task for ruining the uniform. I've often had good success with cold washing water soluble stains.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Easy peasy....

as a youngster ALL my jeans survived far longer than intended through my mothers insistence that the rear pockets were not pockets but ready made knee patches, put on the back of the jeans so they would always match the fading or the rest of the denim.

Trouble was the material exposed when the pockets were removed was as dark as the day they were bought.

:¬)

Pete

Reply to
gymratz

Reply to
Sam Farrell

Why not cover the remainder of the jeans with the same colour ink? Hey presto, stain gone!

Probably not a good idea if the ink colour's magenta or yellow, unless you're gay that is.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Its designed not to shift..try acetone or new jeans.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A mix of isopropanol and water will often shift epson ink.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Shift it to another part of your jeans. The particle size in ink is so small that diluting it just makes it spread further and deeper

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Ink jet ink is ordinary ink.

Ink eradicator works on ordinary ink and is chlorine bleach.

So try bleaches rather than solvents. Test on an inconspicuous part first (as they say).

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard