Initial/Chubb burglar alarm engineer code

I gave Zorro, Andy or Jason the code.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I still believe you ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

And it worked! Thanks very much!

-- Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Dennis will be along soon claiming that I have broken some law by passing the engineers number on.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That will depend on the homeowner owning the alarm. They rarely do if they dealt with an alarm company.

If you are paying someone to buy and install an alarm for you, then you shouldn't pay until you have been handed over all the installation information such as instructions, codes, and programming details specific for your particular installation. Such a system can be monitored but cannot have emergency services callout if the customer has programming access to it. Whilst monitoring with emergency services callout is required, then programming would have to be withheld from the customer and the system must be on a maintenance contract.

If you are paying for an alarm service (which is most the common), then you are renting the alarm, just like you used to have to rent a phone handset from the GPO, as part of their service. Such a system can be monitored with emergency services callout, because alarm company are responsible for the programming and design of the system.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Smile nicely at the installation engineer.

Reply to
Huge

Hi Andy - we are in the same situation. Moved into a house with a fitted C hubb alarm, the thing started making a beeping noises during the middle of a movie, and then part way through the next movie the things starts wailing like bloody murder. We called chubb, as apparently it needs to be "reset" - however, charging over $400 5 days before Christmas just seems mean, whe n they just have a code to put in. Can you pretty please share the engineers code so we can turn this darn ala rm off and put our newborn baby to bed?

Reply to
danandkushla

Open the thing up, disconnect the battery and switch of the power supply to give you some breathing space.

Reply to
F Murtz

I do not think there is any one code. If there was it might be a bit of a poor alarm. One supposes it might be linked to the serial number and I suppose if the company are rip off merchants, you are stuck. I'm not sure if these things are hackable. I'm always getting called byalarm folk trying to give me a free quote. Very generous, not. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Generally, alarm service companies set their own unique "maintenance" code. This way they don't need to carry a reference book withem them.

Reply to
charles

For that kind of money you'd be cheaper fitting a new control board if you DIY it.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

If you've anything worth insuring, your insurance company will insist on an annual check by a reputable alarm company.

Reply to
charles

Dunno these 'rented' types, but both of mine - one quite old now recently replaced - go back to the factory codes if powered down including the internal battery.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Only if a an alarm is a requirement, or you want to get the benefit of any discount (which isn't normally much) We have an alarm, but not for the purposes of insurance

Reply to
Chris French

which is why I said "If you've anything worth insuring". You might just have an alarm for your own peace of mind. I did for many years, but inheriting somthing rather valuable changed the situation.

Reply to
charles

Google should provide you with a source to download the installers instruct ions and the users instructions. If I am thinking of the correct alarm pane l the unit can be restored to factory default by powering down, fitting a j umper, powering up again. You may find it easier on the neighbours if you d isconnect the speaker in the external siren box while you find your way thr ough the system.

Reply to
johnjessop46

Hello Andy, would you be very kind and give me the code. I have an alarm system that was originally installed by a company that is not longer in business. The maintenance was taken over by Chubb before we bought the property. We now use the system un-monitored, but want to give the business to a non-Chubb company.

Reply to
peterwbrooke