Ingenious pipe adaptor solution required

Hi all,

As a temporary measure whilst I'm installing a new bathroom, I need to bodge a 43mm waste pipe to a 3/4" overflow pipe. I figure I can get away with this if I run the shower in short bursts so it won't get the chance to back-up. And like I say, it's only temporary. I don't suppose for one minute there's a proprietary adaptor that will do this, so how best to bodge them together?

cheers. cd

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Hi all,

I'm sure I have seen connectors designed to be used the opposite way around.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Standard part - toolstation or the usual suspects

If you use it in combination with universal compression waste coupling then it should be easy enough to clear the inevitable blockages.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

By 3/4" I take it you mean the 21mm (ish) plastic stuff?

Yup you can get plastic and rubber reduction bushes for thin pipe so that it can be connected to the wider stuff and sockets on soil stacks etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

No it doesn't. There is only a washbasin and a shower connected to this outlet and they won't be run at the same time. Also, the joint is clearly within view of both so if it fails it will be spotted promptly. I'll be looking out for it to do so, anyway. IF it does fail, then it's only a quarry tile floor; no wood to worry about. This is just a temp. bodge for a couple of days in my own house where I'm the only inhabitant so please don't get hysterical.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

No, read it again. he was perfectly willing to buy an adaptor and was asking if one existed.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Precisely!!! Enough holes already. Mike, John and Bob have pointed out there is - to my great surprise - a part that will do this in one hit and Toolstation do 'em for about 80p. Thanks, fellers.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom