Inexpensive Door phone

Hi,

Can any one recomend an inexpensive door phone?

We need a unit on outdoors connected to a handset indoors. The units would be on either side of the same wall.

We have a CCL-A1 from

get really bad feed back on the handset.

Alternativly, any ideas about fixing the feedback?

TIA!

Guy

-- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Guy Dawson I.T. Manager Crossflight Ltd snipped-for-privacy@crossflight.co.uk

Reply to
Guy Dawson

*most* of them have a volume control (or two) on the PCB to adjust the speech volume in each direction, but I can't see one on that link.

Personally I've never had any problems with Bell/BSTL, Terraneo/ bticino but those are the only two I've actually installed.

Could you try wiring an attentuator (pot) to the external and handset speakers and adjusting? Or just drop the voltage on the PSU?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Take the handset apart and pack the space inside the handle with foam. The usual cause of feedback in these handsets is acoustic coupling between microphone and earpiece through the handset body.

Reply to
Peter Parry