Induction hobs and insetting them

Our old one was John Lewis own brand. We only had it for a few months when we had to move for work. We're now back to gas, and planning the new kitchen.

The choice of hob is a no brainer. It will be induction.

Put on a saucepan of water for the vegetables, and it could boil it faster than a top-spec electric kettle.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

They certainly are dependent on the material the pan is made from. We had to change a number of pans. Even if we had to change them all, and call it something other then "induction". I would go for induction every time.

Reply to
polygonum

One of the nice things about induction is that you can more or less move pans around rings as you wish. But as soon as there is a genuinely hot area, then there will be the heating up time to take into account. And the cooling down.

Reply to
polygonum

Serious heat, yes. More than most induction, yes. But the power of the induction is going into the pan with precious little wasted round the sides, etc.

Reply to
polygonum