Indespension Trailer book

I have had the narrow Indespension manual for many years and built a few trailers, using their parts and based on the plans in the book.

The new A4 sized ... book has a lot more information ........ bought it and dumped the old book.

However just noticed today that the section on Trailer plans is not in the new book ......... Indespension confirm they have 'discontinued' providing the plans.

About now I feel stupid for throwing away old manual ....

Does nay one have the old manual, and feel like scanning the plans section and putting them somewhere for download ?

Reply to
Rick Hughes

In message , Rick Hughes writes

Can't help, sorry.

While you are here, do you have any experience of repairing old suspension units?

I have an ancient four wheel plant trailer which has stood loaded for so long that the suspension units do not recover to the 30deg. mentioned in the catalogue. Having priced some replacements, I put it back in the barn!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Only unbolting them and bolting on new one ... the rubber suspension units are not repairable .. the hubs/brakes etc. are

Reply to
Rick Hughes

In that case... can I interest you in a 30cwt (yes it is that old!) plant trailer?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Do they not have any of the old ones? This sounds like a c*ck up on their side to me. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact all trailers needing a single approval must be inspected and approved before use now. The big manufacturers get type approval.

AJH

Reply to
news

There have been at least two A4 sized indespension books over the years with the plans in, dating sometime from the late 80's to the mid 90's. I can't even recall ever seeing a *smaller* version. I will still have copies about somewhere as that kind of thing never gets thrown away - although I can't even think where they would be.

They presumably discontinued the plans because of the EU mandated plating / type approval requirements that effectively made homebuilds 'illegal' from a couple of years ago - albeit easy to circumvent for 'unplated' trailers with a few dabs of paint, spray on rust and mud etc.

Reply to
The Other Mike

You might know the bloody EU would have something to do with it.

Reply to
harryagain

In message , harryagain writes

Probably something to do with French farmers towing grain trailers behind a 2CV!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

They said they have discontinued including plans.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

My trailer book (I stupidly threw out) was around 1985 vintage ...

A4 in length but only 1/2 the width.

If you have A4 books with plans in, could you scan them ?

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Home made Sir ... ah you would be using Hacksaw ... you could cut yourself, so we can't advise anything that could make us liable ....

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Rick, I'll not be back home until around early October, give me a ping on here and I'll have a look for them.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Cheers ... I will do

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I also had that book it was brilliant. I used it for all sorts of projects while teaching engineering but unfortunately lent it to an HNC student to help with his project and never saw it again. He showed it to a mate who showed it to a mate who showed . . . .

Any chance of anyone loaning me a copy to photocopy? I live in Andover and will travel 40 to 50 miles to get my paws on one if you don't trust the Post Office.

Reply to
John Dawe

ive got one if you text me i will send you your plans regards phil

07806781622
Reply to
brownie

Did they say why? My feeling is that it might well not be legal to build them nowadays. brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Still legal, they *just* need to go through a single vehicle approval system now.

AJH

Reply to
news

replying to brownie, Johhnyscenic1 wrote: Hi There-I am a recent newcomer to this site, having purchased a Indespension braked coupling,plus braked units,plus 3 wheels and tyres in anticipation of building a trailer in the near future-I am now lacking any plans,sadly-having seen this thread-would it be possible to kindly supply me with any? Many Thanks,John.

Reply to
Johhnyscenic1

I built this with no plans from scratch, did scribble some basic scribblings out of my head.

F Murtz