Indesit WDG1195WG Washer dryer problems.

Hi, I wonder if we have any washing machine experts on here?

I have the above machine and it has taken to not drying. What appears to be happening is that when it gets to the drying cycle it will blow heated air into the drum OK but also continually cycles water in and pumping. I assume it pumps because it has a float switch somewhere detecting the water level but as to why it is opening the valve to let water in I have no idea. Obvious answer is that the mechanical programmer is faulty, does any one agree with this or have any better ideas please?

If any one has a wiring diagram that would be useful, I've had a Google but not come across one yet, although I have found numerous spares suppliers which could be handy.

Reply to
Bill

Lots of good help at:

I have a WDG1095 I'm about to scrap if you need the programmer or any other parts (or the whole machine!) - located in Luton, beds. The programmer is OK, and may be the same type as yours.

I decided not to repair it as it needs main bearings & seal, belt, dryer heater and washing themostat (60° cycle OK, 40° not so main heater OK!). Cost of repair too much to invest into a 10YO machine for my liking.

Alan.

Reply to
AlanD

In message , AlanD writes

Hi Alan, sounds good to me, I'll try and find out if the programmers are the same. I'm only just up the A6 from you at Elstow. My machine is about the same age as yours but has only had a couple of years use as it is in an annexe that hasn't been occupied for quite sometime. The fault it has was found by my mum in law some years ago when she used it so at least it's not been caused by being in storage.

Reply to
Bill