Indesit washing machine fault

I have an Indesit W101 washer that has developed a strange fault: when starting a wash cyle the machine starts to fill with water normally, then after about 30 seconds the pump runs continuously and the programmer clicks round and won't stop, even when it gets to one of the red dots where a cycle normally ends. The fault is intermittent, it started off happening once in about ten washes, but now I would say it is more like one in every two. If I switch the washer off on the power button, the fault resumes when I turn it back on. If I pull the plug out and leave it for about 10 seconds I can sometimes make it work ok if I try again, other times I have to repeat the process two or three times before it will accept the programme and work normally. I can tell if it won't work because the problem always starts after about 30 seconds, if it works for longer than that then it will be OK and do it's cycle normally. Has anybody seen this fault before & got any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Chris.

Reply to
Chris Allmark

Time for a new washing machine. Try a Bosch. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

I would prefer to repair the machine I've got if possible, that's why I asked the question on uk.d-i-y !!!

Reply to
Chris Allmark

programmer fault. If youve got access to dead one of the same model youre in luck.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

On 16/02/2004 Chris Allmark opined:-

It does sound rather like the programmer unit which has probably failed. The problem being that replacement programmers are so expensive, it might not be a worth while repair and there is no certainty that a replacement would in fact fix it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

To be honest, they're not worth repairing. Indesit are useless machines. If you manage to fix the fault now, which sounds like the programmer, it'll need something else doing soon. You may as well go fore a quality appliance that'll last a lot longer and in the long run will be cheaper than continually repairing your knackered Indesit. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Harry Bloomfield, and I thusly replied:

I hate it when that happens.

Reply to
The Right Rev. Peter Parsnip

It's usually the capacitors. They tend to have a limited lifespan.

Reply to
Pirx Teh Caravan Pilot

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Pirx Teh Caravan Pilot, and I thusly replied:

Reply to
The Left Rev. P. Parsnipe

No, that's weasels.

Reply to