Indesit Washing Machine Continuously Fills

My Indesit W123S machine continuously fills with water throughout th

whole cycle. I had a repair guy in who said he thought it was th pressure switch as it only clicked once when he blew into it. replaced the switch but it still continuously fills. Should I now b thinking its the module or should I replace the valves at the back? get 3 flashes for an error code but can't find an interpretation o this anywhere. The module was replace a few months ago while th machine was still under warranty - it's now 16 months old. Thank

-- Matt1

Reply to
Matt1

It should last longer than 16 months so get the retailer to sort out the problem. Warranties are additional to your legal rights.

Reply to
John Cartmell

3 flashes error code is "Temperature probe open/short circuit (machine may also fill and/or empty continuously)

Pete

Reply to
powerstation

A common fault is that the air pipe to the pressure switch gets clogged with detergent residue. Clean it out the pipe and scale trap near where it goes into the drum. It might also be a leak in the pipe between the machine and switch - disconnect the bottom of ther pipe and blow gently in to it - you should hear the switch click. If you can continue blowing it is leaking and will produce the fault you describe.

Reply to
Peter Parry

by far the most likely cause. Can be very difficult to clear out if its blocked solid with scale: if all else fails, drill it out, though better to clean it if you can.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Gents,

Thanks for your replies this far. I have just checked the pipe and ca confirm that it is blockage, leak and hole free and that the switch i working.

Can anyone expand on Pete's translation of the 3 flashes: "3 flashes error code is "Temperature probe open/short circuit (machin may also fill and/or empty continuously)"

Or could it be somehting else?

Thank

-- Matt1

Reply to
Matt1

The heater thermister is either open or shork circuit, or the wiring to it, the thermistor may be in the rear of the tub, in the heater fixing plate or if the heater itself has four wires to its terminals, within the heater itself. Check the wiring from the module to the thermister and measure the thermister itself with a ohm meter, good luck.

Pete

Reply to
powerstation