Indesit washer-dryer

I had the Indesit WCL102 delivered today and apparently it's not working after the first washing. I got it at Comet and I wonder if I shouldn't just give it back. It was a bargain 229 pounds for the machine and delivery and installation. I have to wait a week for a mechanic, that's the Comet policy and I just don't know what to do. Any ideas? All the best! Agnie

Reply to
Agnie

I would post your request for ideas in uk.legal.moderated or uk.legal

(NB You can't send the same post cross-posted, as u.l.m rejects cross-posts - you need to post separately to both if you wish it to appear in both groups)

Reply to
Peter Ramm

If it's faulty I guess you can return it. ...but then you have to get something else (another one the same but that works??)

Reply to
adder

On 16 Nov 2004 15:13:48 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Agnie) strung together this:

Unfortunately, it's Indesit policy that all the machines are absolute s**te and will not work for any period exceeding 18 months before needing repair. Send it back for a refund, although this is not always as easy as it sounds. Once you've done that buy something else, we supply appliances way under Comet's prices, and offer a better service! Try your local independent retailer. And spend a little bit more, another £100 would get you a machine that lasted many times what the Indesit would.

Reply to
Lurch

The Comet policy is illegal and are a breach of statutory rights, which in some cases is a criminal offence. You are entitled to reject the goods.

If they refuse, ask them explicitly if they are attempting to reduce your statutory rights. Record their answer on tape.

Whatever you do, DO NOT accept a repair on a new item.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle