Increase in DIY - there is hope for humanity?

There might be many more crap diy jobs done as well that knock thousands off the value of a house.

I wonder if the lowering of VAT helped the profits in any way? I certainly did at the pound shop?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Dermatology's best - lots of opportunity for private practice and long- term repeat patients. Not much emergency work and patients don't often die from one's attentions.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Oooh, I don't know.

Hansen's disease (Biblical Leprosy) for instance.

Lots of nasty crusty open sores and oozing skin.

Contrary to common belief fingers and "similar appendages" do not drop off on their own. You have to get them pulled off. That's where the dermatologist comes in.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

But hardly widespread in Hampstead or Harrogate.

And you can get some awfully pretty nurses to help with all the Restylane injections.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Might be rife in Wotfud.

Awful pretty or pretty awful?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Tim - "Or will A&E just get busier..."

You are clearly prescient. I had an argument with the planer yesterday; hadn't used it for a long time and had a moment's aberation resulting in the loss of some skin from the back of a finger. Nothing serious but I did go along to the local practice this morning to get it properly dressed.

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

Might be, but if you're going to practice private dermatology you need to be within half a mile of a Harvey Nics.

If you're really lucky, prettily awfully pretty. And they might even be 'bad' if you ask nicely. Or in Wotfud, give them something from the half-price-gold shop.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Not a reputable firm, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But would anyone notice ?

we don't have webbed appendages to hold fingers on

Reply to
geoff

A pink Hilti ?

Reply to
geoff

OMG the witch is back

Reply to
geoff

We couldn't find pink or purple power tools - but all of the hand tools are very non-macho-looking, so that they are less likely to be 'borrowed'.

Reply to
S Viemeister

When she grows up....

Bob Eager

Hunslet then.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

She _is_ grown up, now! Is that drill any good? If it is, it's a thought for a Xmas present.

Reply to
S Viemeister

That's the conclusion we've reached. When we called in the site manager he said that he wouldn't have accepted the work in his house. The 'workmen' have been hauled over the coals, according to him.

We might be able to use our dining room tomorrow ... I hope so. It's been depressing - and doesn't help to know that others have suffered in the same way.

But I do commiserate ...

Mary

Reply to
oldhenwife

Bit slow Geoff - I've already had a row with her...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Could we all just try and get on nicely, or we won't get any presents from Santa

Owain

Reply to
Owain