In hot water

Are those the ones that require a vented hot tap Ron? If so the OP should consider the hige cost of the taps.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Some do, some don't, the better ones are pressure rated and say there's enough expansion capacity in a small run of pipework to do the job but if not then a tiny expansion vessel will do. On these there's no need for the expensive taps, otherwise ouch.

TLC have some good examples.

Reply to
fred

Does it have to be under the sink?

The wall mounted ones come with their own tap and an overflow which should be routed into the sink (not onto the edge between the sink and worksurface as it was in my ex-workplace). Not as pretty as a concealed system but straightforward and practical.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Been looking at these; these don't seem too bad at £71.20 including a special set of pillar taps.

that they are designed for a single wash basin but seem to operate with a combined hot / cold pillar tap. Not a usual setup for an existing handwash basin.

Might need an angle grinder to modify the tappery-holery arrangements.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

I did that once. All the vacuum gas escaped when I drilled the flask to take a pipe fitting.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

You be careful with that vacuum gas: if it don't kill you it'll leave you short of breath.

Reply to
PeterC

No, that's not the ones I meant. ( They are actually vented, via the open spout, not unvented. )

I dislike these because they seem to dribble all the time.

The ones I mean are mini-megaflos. Proper unvented mains pressure stored HW.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

That's odd. All the vacuum flasks that I have seen have a hole in them already.

Reply to
Matty F

That's to let the air out.

Reply to
PeterC

In message , Derek Geldard writes

Rare stuff that vacuum gas ...

Reply to
geoff

Oh yes,

When he got the "order of the boot" Prescott was just about to to make it compulsory to take old B9A & B7G bottles down the scrapy^W^W^W recycling facility so they can snip the "pip" off and recover the rare vacuum gas.

So I've heard ...

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Wouldn't need much storage space.

Reply to
PeterC

What - the gas or John Prescott?

Reply to
geoff

Would that life were so easy that we could store them both in the same container, but I fear Shagger Prescott would burst.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

LOL! :)