Important Message For the UK electricuity users.... This isn't spam

Why on earth do you think the lack of a listing of a new model on a web site gives you grounds to object?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I'm with Brit Gas and had my meter changed in May, It has the same model number as yours and clearly states KWH (1000 imp/kwh) Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

YES thats my meter .

the guy at ampy over the phone told me it was something different and a kva meter rather than a kilowatt meter.

he must of got mixed up or something

this started me off on this path .

it does say as described.

and i did some tests today.

shows meter is ok .. :)

RESULTS

Tests started whist all things were running ...waited at the meter, and waited for it to indicate another unit before I performed test.

set divers watch ...and waited to see how long it would take to use two units on the meter.

was like watching paint dry

test 1

for the workshop ... house turned off...

1000 watts of lights turned on. phase converter going. and lathe running off the converter in 2 hp mode (has three speed motor 1.5 hp 2 hp and 2.5 hp) idling at 600 rpm or so.

2.4 units used over 1 hour period.

Test 2

Everything turned off and just the 3hp comp turned on

used 2.45 units over 1 hour period.

These, I think are good results ...and are correct and show meter is working very well

I'm at a loss to know what's been happening over the last few weeks. ... and why this meter has clocked up so many units, avaraging 170 units a week

next tests will be done on the house. (SUNDAY)

all the best..mark

Reply to
mark

Someone left the Immersion heater on ?

Nick

Reply to
Nick

For a much quicker answer make use of that flashing LED. 1000 flashes per kWh means that the true power consumption in watts is 60 times the number of flashes per minute. Or if you are trying to measure a very low power level use 3600 divided by the time in seconds between consecutive flashes.

Reply to
Andy Wade