Import duty - naive buyer

Didn't you get the memo? They need us far more than we need them. Apparently.

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian wrote in news:n9d52l$9la$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

hiding behind the efdgroup. nathan gill chief welsh kipper, former bankrupt. why are so many frauds, bankrupts, turnips and criminals attracted to the kippers.

Reply to
LOL

USA. It already exists

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There was no freedom of movement when I was driving across Europe in the

80s.

Passports and Carnets at every border.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Exactly. Canada (AIUI) has a free-trade agreement with the EU and does not have to accept free movement.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Why not? Everyone else manages it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

That was very much my thought on this.

However, the couriers may have a deal with HMRC to cover this situation. The upshot may be that the couriers recoup what they paid HMRC, but you get a letter from HMRC, demanding the VAT plus penalties for non-payment. :)

Reply to
GB

no he didn't say that. He said that what his father did - and succeeded.

Reply to
charles

NAFTA has done that, and so do the current free trade agreements involving the US.

And Farage married one.

Yep, they want it to be completely one sided with Britain deciding who they will and will not accept, but on one is allowed to do that with anyone from Britain.

I think its more that most of those who vote for them are completely rabid bigots like harry and the rest in here.

Reply to
Blanco

Huge numbers from eastern europe, even more from asia.

They actually accept a lot more than Britain does, twice as many per capita in fact.

Fraid not.

Reply to
Blanco

Of course, he wasn't saying it as any kind of encouragement to do similar, was he? Oh, no. It was just a little and totally irrelevant side- anecdote to pass some time before drinkies.

Reply to
Adrian

You've been believing that lying Hunt.

Please explain how you can extend working hours considerably without increasing the numbers of doctors.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That doesn?t restrict the freedom of movement if you are a european citizen with a valid passport.

Reply to
Blanco

Not quite. We've said if they won't change the rules to suit us we'll take our ball away.

Just imagine if it were France which wanted more favourable terms or they'd leave. Can you imagine public opinion here agreeing with that?

So just what on earth makes you thing the rest of the EU won't think the same of us if we do leave? And make bloody sure we don't get the most favourable terms for trading afterwards.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You get a chance to vote on very little. You vote in a government to do it for you.

The idea of having a referendum on every single nut and bolt would be a nonsense. Given how many can't be bothered to vote at other elections.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm not a european citizen, I'm British.

Reply to
Capitol

Rubbish. Drove through France into Germany and back again in the '70s without being stopped. Only when coming back to the UK.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Which continent is Britain part of? I thought we are European, whether we like it or not.

Reply to
GB

They've all joined UKIP. Or just support them. Should tell you something.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Canada isn't exactly a manufacturing nation in competition with the EU ones. It more basically sells raw materials and imports manufactured goods. So a mutual free trade agreement makes sense.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)