impact wrench, to buy or not to buy

The socket is actually a gift for me, but he wanted me to know how much it is costing (me indirectly) !!!

Yes, snap-on still change stuff like screwdrivers, spanners, ratchets etc. But they couldn't get the bits for an old snap on grinder, nor offer to replace it with new !! I was a bit disappointed !!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

See the review:

down to the Impact Driver. With charger, 2 batteries and Impact Driver the Ryobi is £130 from Screwfix and you can add to it by buying the tool with the battery.

An Impact Driver can be used as an Impact Wrench with an adaptor. If you wants a versatile tool the driver is better than the wrench. If you want to use it for heavy car work continuously then a wrench is the one.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Madness. Snap-On are a rip-off. Excellent quality but way over priced. Other make similar lifetime guarantees and don't charge silly money.

They survive by travelling to garages and engineering places in a sales van offering finance. If you have a CCJ against you, you will probably get finance from them.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel