Impact Drivers

Very true. From the one who argues a gearbox must have more than one ratio. And that a CVT must have rubber bands. Prat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Don't drink it all at once, pet.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Because that is what a normal, everyday impact driver is and has been for well over half a century. Possibly even more.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Fraid not. It is a power tool

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I told you.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yep so was the amount of very costly damage cased by people not knowing how to use the impact driver in the first place, and tightening instead of loosening the screw. (In my defence I was still young) ;-(

-
Reply to
Mark

Oh, no! Shades of tapping a bearing into some hot cases and ending up with the casings and a large flat aluminium washer, slightly rough around the edge... fortunately knew where there was a real *wizard* with a high frequency set, so my dad remained unaware!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from "Mark" contains these words:

I've some 20 bays of Dexion racking that I put up in my barn some years ago using nothing more than a spanner, screwdriver (no not a powered one) and a marlin spike. Didn't take me several weeks though. :-)

Reply to
Roger

Self awareness is a good thing. Is this the start of this senile mans redemption?

** snip senility **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

drill/driver

And all for 3/6d and ale was 6d a pint. By gum

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Then you were very lucky. The majority is absolute crap.

Reply to
Andy Hall

If it isn't, then there are two choices:

- Use short lengths so that the error is small.

- Plane and thickness it to remove the error.

If neither is an option, then the product is worthless.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Chief Executive Officer.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The trick was to undo the screw just once...then replace it with an Allen screw. Repeat as necessary.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Matt, you are making things up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In one of the very few tool catalogues that really matter, an impact driver IS something you hit with a hammer.

type was around decades before these pseudo electric drill things used (allegedly) for fitting steel cladding to buildings appeared - all the buildings I've seen been clad were done using compressed air tools of the smaller variety than the usual garage air hammers, basically an air drill with a socket driver. No impact force is needed as the screws used are self piercing and self threading.

Reply to
Matt

flatulence typed:

> That type was around decades before these pseudo electric drill things

Lord Hall, Snap On have hardly changed since WW2. My Dad had Snap On tools, he got from the Yanks during the war. Snap On don't know electric tools have been invented.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Quick answer, a whisky bottle :-)

Dave

Tara

Reply to
Dave

From an occasional reader/very occasional poster's point of view it has been amusing watching the 'Adam hunters' make utter fools of themselves by not realising that the world isn't still in the 1950s.

Reply to
Bolted

Dribble, if you make up names for posters in this ng, how can we believe anything else you post on here?

Dave

Reply to
Dave