Impact driver.

No, these had no clutch. As suggested, it appears to be the thickness of the shaft absorbing the impact. Non adjustable, and if you have the correct colour pretty idiot proof. You could sit there as long as you wanted with the air gun and still never over torque the things

A picture of the things is

mechanical clutch or anything complex.

Darren

Reply to
dmc

If they put a coloured mark on the wheel or stud or something that corresponded to the colours of these things...

(Yes - I know, wheels and studs might be swapped from one vehicle to another.)

Reply to
Rod

With 250 ft.lb of torque? 1/2" square drive? Do you ever read posts before answering?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I said "B&Q sell a 14.4v Impact Driver for £39".

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If you'd said Screwfix sell a Bosch impact wrench for 270 quid which is almost as powerful, or a DeWalt for 560 quid which is more powerful it would have had some relevance. As they are for the same sort of use. Your 'B&Q impact driver' isn't.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You can get the same effect driving a long screw with a cordless impact driver if it gets stuck close to the start of the thread. No amount of driving will shift it since the screw just winds and unwinds with each impact and does not permit any actual advance in rotation.

Reply to
John Rumm

You can get an air impact wrench that does 250 ft lb for about £30 if you have a compressor.

Reply to
dennis

I did? What a plantpot!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh indeed. Lots of cheap air tools around. If you have a compressor and somewhere to keep it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I often find that my long handled round shaft screwdriver will drive or un-drive tight screws easier than my "6" stiff one". It feels like the pre-load and smooth delivery of torque by the shaft enables more concentrated effort on keeping the driver actually in the screw or something.

Bit like a Kinetic Energy Recover Rope used for tugging stuck vehicles from mud holes..... only smaller...... and completely different. :¬)

Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Is that like the Indian Rope Trick? Or not.. completely different?

Reply to
Rod

Significantly more differenter. :¬)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

's

They sell sets of garden furniture for £199 as well.

Reply to
Andy Hall

> It's

Perfect! The driver can assemble the furniture.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No - they only deliver.

Reply to