Immersion heater timer - recommendation

I have just removed a knackered timer - the cheap rocker switch that selects "timed" "off" or "On" just wasn't capable of carrying the current - and the terminals of the switch were merely pushed into sprung leaves. All in all a very cheap inadequate construction (It was branded Focus - but bought off e-bay)

Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement? - it is to enable a daily dose of power during E7 period. Timing doesn't need to be sophisticated.

Reply to
John

I've just bought Grasslin socket box timer (it replaces a light switch for an outside light) and it says it can switch 16amp resistive (or 8amp inductive) loads. see:

was a bit fiddly to fix, and although I suspect it uses a relay, I can't see that in the spec

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chisholm

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "John" saying something like:

This type, with the push-down segments

there's another make (APT?) which is pretty damn good. Don't get one with the fiddly pins which get lost.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Grimly Curmudgeon saying something like:

Here it is...

Grimly Curmudgeon

I've just put in a Sangamo PS24/7 one like this.

't tell anything about longevity yet but it seems reasonably well made and hopefully Sangamo know how to make a timer that lasts.

It's made for immersion heaters so It has a "boost" button to easily turn on the heater for 30mins, 1hour or 2hours in addition to the full 7 day timer. The rest of the user interface is fairly intuitive too.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Well one of those will come in handy for a job next week.

Ta.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In case it might be an issue, do note that the settings are retained for only 4 hours when the power's cut. I found out the hard way with a cold shower the morning after an evening of electrical work... :-(

That aside I'd recommend them, and they often appear on ebay brand new for way below retail price.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Hot water is such a small part of anyones bill that its hardly seems worth the cost.

I reckon you might save £40 a year,...and suffer from cold evening baths and showers.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher