Immersion heater element

Can anyone tell me the average rate for a bath-sized immersion heater element in the London area?
The last one I fitted (7 years ago) cost about 11 but when I phoned the local plumbers merchant they wanted 35 and 7 for a spanner! Surely they haven't gone up three-fold in 7 years?
Hurry please, I need a bath :-)

Some merchants quote 'retail' over the phone.
If it's a bog standard 36" immersion, TLC do them for around 8 quid + vat.
An anti-corrosive one is about 20 quid + vat
A dual heat 36 can cost 50.
--
*If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Don't know about London prices, but Screwfix sell them for under 8. [If that's *all* you buy, you'll have pay 5.95 carriage on top of the item price (free on orders over 45)].
Alternatively, find your nearest Plumb Center http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/plumb/default.html where you should be able to get one for about 13 + VAT.
Roger