immersion heater Blanking Plate

I am trying to remove the blanking plate on my hot water cylinder, to have a look at the coils in there, but it aint having non of it!

I assume a normal cylinder has a normal clockwise to tighten thread?!?

Ta!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Try a blow lamp for a few mins to heat it up and tighten the nut first, I assume you have the tank full of water if not you can seriously damage the tank ,once loosened then empty.What are you using to open it stilsons or immersion box type spanner.The addition of some plus gas and left for day may also assist

Reply to
Alex

Me - 1 Tank - 0

:-)

I didn't use a blowlamp, as I think the sprayed on insulation may have protested at this!

The plug has a 30mm ish "nut" on the top of it, so I was using an adjustable spanner.

The tank was almost full, I drained it enough so when I undid the plug, it wouldn't leak from the plug.

The pipe inside is two turns of 28mm - I guess this is why it takes forever to heat up then...

Looks clean inside, with almost no limescale (Water softener to thank!)

..Sparks goes off looking for a new cylinder...

Reply to
Sparks