Immersion heater bending shelf!

In message , dave writes

The hot draw off comes from the top of the tank (because that is where it is hottest). Draining down via a bath or basin hot tap only empties the cold water header plus hot water down to the draw off point.

There may be a dedicated drain near the tank bottom which will need connecting to a drain (bucket) with a length of hose. Not visible in your picture but check round the back. Otherwise if nothing is coming out of your hot taps and you are confident the immersion heaters are isolated, it should be safe to disconnect the elbow on the right hand side.

Small bore plastic pipe and syphon?

An expert will be along shortly:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Dave, you tank looks like one of these to me.

There might be a T piece on the cold water inlet with a draincock leading away from the bottom of the tank if you're lucky.

If not, I would undo the plastic elbow on the hot water outlet near the top and push a length of hose pipe into the cylinder through this outlet.

When you think the hose pipe has reached the bottom of the tank, syphon the water out to a drain somewhere or your garden.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Place polythene on the shelf then use a shedload of expanding foam to fix the tank to the walls. Maybe some large cardboard tubes over the valve and immersions.

What could possibly go wrong?

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Indeed. Excuse me if I don't try that - not least becuase I make it over 325 Lbs weight of h2o in there.

Reply to
dave