IMM fodder

Page 8 of 16

As I said..."Stop tabloiding. Look at the "big picture""
< snip babble >

That is your problem, I am looking at the bigger picture, you are only looking at what Mr Blair and his Tabloid friend wants you to look at.

You really do not understand what is being discussed here and I doubt you will ever be able to. :~(

You can't see your way through the crap.

Yes, I should have said that to you also, sorry for my omission - you are quite correct, you can't see either the bigger picture (issues) or the through crap (thrown around by you and your friends in and out of Downing Street) of the Hutton report and how and why the whole sorry state of affairs (in both senses of the phrase) came about.
< snip rambling garbage >

.......Wooooooosh......
<FX of all this going clean over IMM's head>

geoff

writes<snip>

Quite possibly, but Bush could also be seeing the writing on the wall (you can't just ignore people like Mr Kay and what he is in effect saying) and has know decided to try and regain / some / control over the 'spin' machine. Something our own Mr Blair should seriously consider, as other have said (like Mr Cook MP), he just needs to accept that he and his government might have been wrong but they believed what they said was true at the time (even if it wasn't IYSWIM) - most people would have accepted it, I have my doubts now though...
It's Blair's attitude more than the issue, he is failing into the trap Thatcher feel into, the 'I'm right - don't question / my / judgment' attitude, and I can see the Blair suffering same fate in the end.

It's a trap most 'leaders' fall into regardless. That's why countries like the US have a limit on the number of terms a president can serve. Happens regularly with 'captains of industry' too.
--
*Horn broken. - Watch for finger.

And that is why I have believed for a long time that there should be a similar limit to the number of term a Prime Minister can hold office (not the party, I hasten to add...!).

Another rule I would like to see is that either the decision to hold an election is removed from the party in power, the terms are for a set period like in the US, or the party in power has to set the next election date within 3 months of taking office (hence giving at least 4 years notice).
The reason for doing that is to stop governments engineering the election date to fall in line with their own electability. Too many times over the years elections have been called to suit the party in power and it sure would be nice if they had to go to the electorate on a timescale which they couldn't fiddle with close to the time.
PoP
IMM wrote in message ...

The big picture is that the BBC report was substantially correct and 80% of the British people know it! The government machine was determined to present a case for war and the words were manipulated to make that case. Even the world press is amazed at the bias in the Hutton conclusions. Go and look it up. In the normal British master/slave culture, the messengers bearing bad news have been shot! I believe that it was High Cudlipp of the old Daily Mirror who coined the phrase "publish and be damned". I still believe that's the correct response. We need a channel like Fox News in the UK, to give some teeth to our TV channels. Maybe channel 4 is going in the correct direction.
Bliar should resign as the head of a government which operated in this unprincipled manner. IMO he is not fit to govern.
Regards Capitol

You really think Fox News has teeth, they are quicker to roll over than Blair is when G. W. Bush claps his hands.

An extensive report just released says otherwise, making the two top people there resign.

The media do stick together when proven wrong.

Murdoch? Are you sane?

He has been proven not to be a liar, by a top judge.

Anything can be proved by setting terms of reference and asking selective questions. You simply leave out anything you don't want to hear.
It's interesting to note, that we have people with views from across the political spectrum, and those who feel that Baroness Thatcher was equally misbehaved in her day, yet the only person who seems to be supporting Teflon Tony is yourself. Doesn't that strike you as a little odd?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

No. It proves the power of the tabloids to influence minds.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

LOL, and I bet I know which Tabloid IMM reads...

Have a guess.