IMM fodder

Page 7 of 16

< snip drivel >
snipped-for-privacy@easy.com wrote:

The Hutton report was a private enquiry, not a public enquiry established by Parliament. It had no power to compel or cross-examine witnesses. Legally, it has no more standing than your opinion or mine.
Peter

I think it is a bit more than that having a top judge do it, and commissioned by parliament.

IIRC the enquiry was not commissioned by parliament but the PM / cabinet. I suspect / if / it had been commissioned by parliament the terms of reference would have been a lot broader...

< snip drivel >

IYO it is drivel, I don't see others questioning what I said, but I do see many people questioning what you have said...
writes

I see you've totally run out of arguments
--
geoff

Maxie, no point in arguing with drivellers.
writes

We do John, we question what is presented to us, you just accept it

Brothers
--
David

< snip drivel from Bertie >
writes

your actual name?)
--
David

< snip more drivel from Bertie >

What Whitewash? The first time ever the DG and manager of the BBC has resigned. If I thought it a whitewash I would stay and compile a list of where their are inaccuracies and bias. The point is that the BBC ****ed up and then painted itself into a corner.
It was a none issue made to be a major issue by a taboid media, and the BBC has become tabloid to compete for viewers. The WMD? Kelly said, they could get them up and running in days. Days is a very "short time". They also had WMD and USED them.

Not much between when talking about such weapons. If Iraq wanted to WMD in a few days and we did not have forces available to stop it - stopping them within days is virtually impossible - then they get used and we watch. If it is many weeks, then if the west thinks they are about to uses them, a force cam be assembled and sent around. Even then it would be close run to stop them. You have to get it all into perspective.

Just read what I read again and get the big picture. Get this tabloid mush that is bouncing around your head and stand back and look at the situation.

WASHINGTON -- Before the great hunt for scapegoats begins, let's look at what David Kay has actually said about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.
First, and most trumpeted, he did not find ``large stockpiles of newly produced weapons of mass destruction.'' He did find, as he reported last October, WMD-related activities, from a very active illegal missile program to research and development (``right up until the end'') on weaponizing the deadly poison ricin (the stuff found by London police on terrorists last year). He discovered ``hundreds of cases'' of U.N.-prohibited and illegally concealed activities.

But no weapons, never mind if they could have used within 45 minutes...
from a very active illegal missile program

But no weapons, never mind if they could have used within 45 minutes...
Even if he did have these weapon programs, there is no way they could nave been deployed with 45 minutes - and that IS the reason parliament voted to allow British forces go to war.

He did find... WMD-related activities,
Stop tabloiding. Look at the "big picture"

No, you should start looking at the facts, such as what words were taken out of the original draft of the WMD document (at the request of HMG) to create the 45 minutes claim.
In essence, this country was taken to war because there / appeared / to be a possibility that this country (or it's protectorates) could be attacked by WMD's within 45 minutes, not only does that claim appear to be wrong (due to no WMD weapons having being found) but also the fact that any weapons that the intel' were talking about were / battlefield weapons and thus only effective over a short distance. The only person who seems to be 'tabloiding' is yourself IMM, do you read the 'The Sun' by any chance ?...
As I type this, it would appear (according to reports) that even Pres' Bush is now doubting the Intel' and if there are any / actual / WMD's.