IMM fodder

Page 16 of 16
"Jerry." wrote | I must say, they chose to join the forces, conscription when out about | 40 years ago, sign on that dotted line and you accept that you might | end up offering the ultimate sacrifice.
But the careers master never said anything about getting killed when he showed the recruitment video. It was all about having fun driving big lorries through the mud and getting bevvied in the bar afterwards.
From the Army Recruitment FAQ:
Q. I cannot tie my own shoelaces. Is there a place for me in the Modern Army? A. You do not have to be able to tie your own shoelaces before you join the Army. As part of basic training your friendly and supportive Corporal will take you very gently and patiently through the steps involved in tying shoelaces on a shoelace simulator. Only when you are confident that you have completed this stage will you be expected to practice with deactivated shoelaces.
Owain
BillR wrote:

It was a dangerous and expesnive exercise that was not justified on teh grounds it was presented, was done against the UN wishes, has not succeeded in its primary aims - of restoring peace and demicracy to Iraq, and getting rid of (non existent) weaponry.
In short, it was waste of money. An American PR exercise that gave Tone a chance to strut and preen.
I ahve no prpblem with going to war or soliders getting killed, but not to prop up a couple of leaders weak willed inability to gain credibility.

Dave Plowman wrote:

I hated Thatcher but that sinking was correct.. alls fair in war. Why would she have to explain it? we were at war, it was a warship so we sank it... whats the problem?

Well put. I'll be surprised if we don't end up with a civil uprising like the poll tax if this continues. Mr Stupid who lives up Public Avenue will one day wake up and smell the coffee. I hope so anyway.
PoP
Grunff wrote:

No, we got rid of the corrupt Tories and now you can think for yourself but have lost the ability to do so..

But all these sort of enquiries find the government of the day blameless. Profumo, anyone?
--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Makes you wonder if he slept through some of the cross-examinations and evidence giving.