IMM fodder

Indeed ... (although one has in these days to widen the interpretation of the word "broadcaster" to include the web, i.e., news.bbc.co.uk).
All the major news agencies (Reuters, AP, etc.) have an interest in gathering as much news from as many different perspectives as possible.
Julian
--
Julian Fowler
Capitol wrote:

He never was.
And now the whole world knows it. Hutton has damned him with faint praise.
He is the laughing stock of the world.
Now even that bitch Condoleeza Rice, is starting to run with the hares...the cracks are appering in the Bush adminsitration, but they are being very careful not to impugn the integrity of the President, its all carefully worded 'intelligence failures' and so on...but if they get to dig deeper, they will find, as we have, the failure was not with the intelligence, but with those who chose to selectively adjust its meaning so suit a course of action they were already embarked upon....

writes

Right, let's get some perspective on this. I have put up a letter from a friend who is also something of an expert in the field addressed to his MP. It was written a couple of weeks before the invasion of Iraq.
I suggest that everyone arguing in this thread should read it, including IMM (if you have any problems with the big words, I'm sure there are people who can help you out)
Although not really diy related, it can be found at:
http://www.uk-diy.org
have fun
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

Excellent mate.

writes

You really haven't taken in the previous discussion, have you

What WMD?
He gassed some of his own people and invaded Iran (while being supported by the UK and the USA)
He had tried to build up chemical and biological weapons, but these had mainly been destroyed by the weapons inspectors or degraded years ago. His attempts at building up a nuclear program were bombed and rendered useless
IMM, when even George Bush is questioning the existence of WMD (Elections are coming up, of course), it's only blind fools like you who repeat ssuch idiotic mantras
--
geoff

up
Maxie, I am objective, not brainwashed.

BBC
could
Weapons of Mass Destruction. It is openly used by Blair and Bush etc. I prefer Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Well Kelly said they can do it in days. We gave them six months notice of inspection, so they hid/got rid of things. They still had the know-how which is the main point, not the hardware.

It is not me saying that. I only repeat what experts say. Kelly was an expert who had been to Iraq over 40 times. Bush has distanced himself from the intelligence people for political reasons, who furnished him, and the British, with the findings. He is letting them take a fall. There is no need for him to do that as the Iraqies had the potential to have WMD within days.
The point is that they had the potential to ramp up WMD within days. Kelly said so. It is very simple.
writes

So where are they?
A great many "experts " were convinced that they existed, Now most of them are doing an abrupt about turn

But the whole country is available to inspect and they have been searching hard since they invaded

45 minutes you moron - that's what the man said. That was the basis for going to war

"They still have the know-how, which is the main point, not the hardware" ... in case you've totally lost the plot, it's what you said a few lines above. Do you have the faintest idea how long it takes to turn know-how without the hardware into a real WMD - be it bio, chem, or nuclear. Obviously not since you said "The point is that they had the potential to ramp up WMD within days"
your maths just doesn't add up
--
geoff

Are you really so stupid. They have the know-how to do it very quickly, that was certain.

Kelly said differently.

So they got rid before the invasion. or hid them in the desert. Ever been to a desert?

It was not. read my other post of this. Thicko moron. You lack simple logic.

who
from
within
Kelly
Kelly said "days". YES DAYS!!!!!!! He said week then days, which mean less than 7. Are you that thick!
They DID have them, that is for certain. They used them, that is for certain. They could deploy them within days, that's is for certain.
Where are they? Who knows. They did have them and could deploy them within days. Then there is point of supporting terrorist groups. Maybe you would think differently of a plane or two smashed into bocks in London.
writes

What, build chem, bio or nuclear WMD from scratch?
I don't think so

I have actually, several.
You can't for example, just hide biological weapons in the sand, they degrade
There is no evidence that he had any fissile material for nuclear weapons
Tomorrow, I hope to be able to refute the existence of bio, chem and nuclear capabilities

I'm not interested in your other posts, the time stated by Bliar was 45 minutes, it's on record for all to see

Again, I'm talking about what Bliar said - it was his justification for going to war

He had some nerve gas which he had the capabilities to deliver over short distances. He did not have the delivery systems to do what Bliar quoted
At the time of these gas attacks, we and the US were supporting him

Al qaeda and Saddam were not bedfellows. There is no evidence to suggest that Iraq have attempted to export or train terrorists.

I think you are referring to Saudis there
You seem to have swallowed hook line and sinker, the story put about as an excuse to invade Iraq. You don't seem able to separate the WTC attacks from Saddam Hussein
just come up on the TV - "How Bush and Bliar got it wrong" Saturday Ch4 at 7pm. Watch it, you might learn something
--
geoff

They did. It is easy to get the parts from other civilian industries.

been
Did you look from the window?

..to be continued. Maxie has a look.

You should be. read it.

an
the
no
turn
less
See other post.

within
Saddam was into terror.

..keeping looking and tell us when you find them.

<snip>
Yes, his own people, and those counties that neighbour Iraq, not that he did a lot of that after he got kicked out of Kuwait.
I Bush and Blair had stated those facts as the reason why he (Saddam) should be over thrown they just might have got backing, but they chose to use the WMD's issue (and the immediate threat they posed to counties as far away as Cyprus) - the fact that now they can't produce those WMDs, not even short range battle field weapons, is now starting to catch up with them.

did
should
There were "many" reasons for going into Iraq. Anyone with half a brain could see that.

Revenge for Bush's dad getting his arse kicked. Oh, and oil. Any other reason could equally apply to dozens of other countries - and the US itself.
--
*Horn broken. - Watch for finger.

the
Yes, business opportunities for US businesses, oil, more oil, and yet more oil, oh and we must not forget finishing what Daddy couldn't. As for Blair, he just wanted to look big and powerful...

<snip>
less
And the government said 45 minutes, which for the intolerably challenged like you 'IMM' is lest than one hour (one 24th of a day), so even if the experts were correct in their opinion that Iraq could launch WMD's in days it means that what the government were wrong when they stated that Iraq could deploy and launch WMDs in 45 minutes.

Even if we accept what you say, but not the HMG stated 45 minutes...

within
would
And again, even if we accept what you say, but not in the stated 45 minutes...

Read back at my attempt to explain something very simple to you.

mean
And you should read back over this thread were many people have tried to explain that you are wrong and that the time quoted by HMG for deployment and firing of the WMDs was 45 minutes. It doesn't matter how many times you say otherwise the FACTS are contained in the original HMG document.

you
Read back at my attempt to explain something very simple to you.

deployment
I have, and you are wrong, <sorry for shouting chaps> THE _FACTS_ PROVE YOU WRONG. Just accept it 'IMM'.
But your pride won't, will it ?...
< snip drivel >