Imitation Beams

Can anyone tell me where to buy imitation ceiling beams? Thanks Annie

Reply to
GrAnnie

Really, don't!

(if you're doing it as a joke or to get back at someone, Wickes do them. But otherwise DON'T!!)

Reply to
Grunff

Oh please God, no.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I read that as irritation ceiling beams and thought what a good name it was. Then I read this reply and had another look.

I'm obviously seeing what I want to see, that wouldn't include imitation ceiling beams.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Buy real beams, and make them look right at the ends, if you have to .......

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Aren't they more expensive though? My Mum is having a granny annexe built and we are trying to cut down on the cost. The builder said that the artificual beams are cheaper but he hasn't used them for a while. He used to get them from Jewsons but doesn't know if they still do them. Annie

Reply to
GrAnnie

You are trolling, right? If they are trying to cut down on costs, then why *any* beams??

Reply to
Grunff

Not trolling. She might not be able to afford any beams at all but the builder just said that maybe the artificial ones would be cheaper (he used to have them in his own house), he said they looked the same. We may end up with real beams or none but we wanted to compare the costs before we start. Thanks Annie

Reply to
GrAnnie

Ok, sorry I misjudged you.

They only look the same to the partially sighted.

IMHO beams should only be there if they are structural anyway - putting beams, be it plastic or timber, just for show is rather sad.

Reply to
Grunff

It's not really up to me, I only said I'd ask around and try and find out what is cheapest for her. By the way, she is almost blind, hence the granny annexe. She has been spoilt in the past as my Father (passed away) was a very able carpenter and he also made some beautiful fake beams in my kitchen.... and they really do look real. I haven't seen the Wickes ones but I'll soon tell her if I think they look naff. Mine were put up after the ceiling and everything else was done but Mum could have real ones from the start. Thanks for your advice. Annie

Reply to
GrAnnie

If yur chippe can work on em, Ive got about 2 tns of old oak beams in teh garden here..(suffolk)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks anyway but we are in Kent. Annie

Reply to