Imagine

Indeed it would, BUT a basic steam engine was certainly within their power. It wiould have been pretty gruesome, but it could have worked.

Ive been in one of them!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Very true indeed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Such snotty uni wit.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Cor.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I knew they were genuine questions, Rod, and I also hoped for more thorough answers. But to no avail.

Who won at the battle of Encyclopedia?

Who won the fight against Insomnia?

Who put the "oo" in shampoo?

These are questions that need answering. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

..This Wallopy man must read books ..Illiterate writings is certainly looks

..Do him good?, that is for sure ..If he moves his lips, he will understand more

.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The same who won the Battle of Boiling Water.

The Jocks who did auch-the-noo

Answered.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If you add a few letters (AAAEEEFFINSSS) to Doctor Drivel, you can end up with "seasonal affective disorder". Is that why we are seeing so much more drivel now the days are drawing in and the sun staying lower in the sky?

Adding different letters can also produce:

functional nervous disorder Toxicodendron diversilobum (western poison oak) cry, 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war electromotive drug administration (that's neat, it includes IMM as well!)

Take your pick... :-)

Reply to
Rod

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

Yes, the wasteage is a good point. So much for advancement.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon