IKEA PAX Wardrobe Height

Does anyone have an IKEA Pax wardrobe? I need to know the height from the top to the underside of the base, not the floor. Basically between the outside of the two pieces that the rails attach to for sliding doors. Doesn't matter if this is the 201cm or 234cm variety. Also what is the thickness of the chipboard for the carcass? 15cm or18cm?

Essentially I have a set of the doors to install on a built in wardrobe so need to construct a suitable sized frame and missed these dimensions when we last visited IKEA.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

I think ours is a Pax and I have just measured the inside dimension as ~2254mm. The bottom rail is screwed to the top of the bottom panel and hangs down the front. The top rail is screwed to the front of the top panel and also hangs down a bit. The side panels are 18mm.

I can't actually get to the underside of the bottom panel or easily to the top of the top panel, but if you add 36mm that should be about right, but note that the bottom rail hangs lower then the bottom of the bottom panel. Peter

Reply to
Pete Shew

Thanks Peter,

If that is for a 236cm high wardrobe then a quick back of an envelope calculation suggests that I need 1904mm between inside face of the top and bottom pieces in my frame for 201cm doors.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Andrew May :

Yup, several.

229.5

I know nothing about the sliding doors, but the hinged doors are exactly the height I've just measured.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

We have PAX with sliding doors and I've measured it at 1904mm.

When fitting the doors make sure you've got them properly levelled off (page 30 in the instructions) before you clip the long vertical strip into the groove at the back of the front leaf (page 31). After it's fitted it could be difficult to get out again and you can't get to one of the adjusters after fitting it without climbing into the cupboard and shutting both doors, which is a bit of a problem if you've already fitted shelves etc and filled up the wardrobe,

Reply to
Mike Clarke