IKEA Kitchen Units - How Thick?

Took a look at some IKEA kitchen units last weekend and the looked as if they were built from 18mm MFC. Bought a couple of drawers to fit into my own cabinets (also made from 18mm MFC) and I find that there is something like a 1mm gap either side. Not going to be a problem - I can use a couple of washers but this would mean that the IKEA units are built from 19mm material. Is this right?

Or else my tape measure is out and my bases are slightly oversize.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Last time I measured they were 19mm, but that was a few years ago for a kitchen project that didn't go ahead.

Reply to
Bruce

So perhaps my tape measure is accurate after all. Problem lies with the cheapo paper ones that they give away free in IKEA.

Reply to
Andrew May

Just measured mine (installed end last year) and they are indeed 19mm

Reply to
Neil