IKEA flatpack

Don't know whats happened to IKEAs usually excellent quality control, but I'm currently assembling a small mountain of IKEA stuff & have had bits missing, dowel holes not deep enough & cam bolt holes out of line.

One positive improvement; the drawer bases now fit to the front & back with a 'click' system rather like how laminate floor fits together - much stronger drawer base.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's very unusual, in my experience, unless they work in a returned package when you pick up a kitchen order (always worth checking).

On the other hand, they have been failing to deliver a simple length of kitchen plinth to me since December. All sorts of reasons given, apart from today, when SWMBO stayed in all day and nothing arrived, and no word either.

Reply to
GMM

Is it still all made in Germany? The last few IKEA kitchens I've done were, but that's a while back now.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel