IKEA Behandla Wood Treatment Oil

Hi

We are assembling IKEA kitchen units and the instructions say to sand lightly the solid birch worktops and treat them with Behandla Wood Treatment Oil.

Needless to say we didn't pick any of this up and IKEA is more than 100 miles away ...

Can anyone suggest the closest UK alternative to Behandla Wood Treatment Oil ?

Thanks in advance, Val

Reply to
Val

Liberon's "Finishing oil" - a pre-mixed blend of tung oil, driers and white spirit. You can find it easily at most likely shops, or by mail-order from

's toxic when wet (the white spirit), food and toy safe when dry.

Danish oil, teak oil, linseed oil and pure tung oil (unthinned) aren't the right stuff.

There are similar products from Chestnut and probably Rustins or Bolloms too. My experience with Ecowood/Organoil has been disappointing in humid or high-wear areas though.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

how about Danish Oil?

Steve