Idiot tap connector question

a 3/4" BSP tap - is that a parallel BSP thread? I'm pretty sure it is but I want to check before I go and order the bits to connect the bath taps (and likewise the 1/2" taps on the basin)...

Ta

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

There is only 1 type of tap connector thread AFAIK.

Use flexibles.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman coughed up some electrons that declared:

Any particular recommendation for make? I can see the merit - no trying to bend a copper pipe to the mm.

Are their any cons - (relatively) short life etc?

Ta

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

One possible con is if it's a SS sink etc, copper pipe adds to the rigidity, but flexibles not.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Until recently I'd use the traditional approach with copper and soldered fittings, gives a neater job with better flow rates and infinite life (except the fibre washer in the tap connector).

However, I'd now use pushfit plastic, A 2 minute job, neater than flexibles, and probably a better flow rate.

Use a proper pipe slice, and *NOT* a hacksaw!

Reply to
<me9

The con is that the flexibles do not supply a rigid base for the tap and it is difficult to get the tap to lock onto the bath/sink.

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

I'd guess the same with plastic pipe. Especially with one hole fixings.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)