Identify old soldering iron?

Bugger !!! :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

My colour vision is perfect. Memory not.

The Weller low voltage temperature controlled irons so popular in workshops usually have blue handles.

I've never actually owned one. Have been an Antex fan since shortly after starting to play with electronics in the '60s. But now only use the actual handsets - the station is home made.

Pic here for anyone interested.

Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Ian White

Which wiki?

The picture belongs to the guy in the USA. No e-mail address given, but if you could be a little more specific, I can forward the request back through rec.radio.amateur.homebrew.

Reply to
Ian White

But would anyone do it ?

Reply to
geoff

spelling iffy ...

Reply to
geoff

I have a bright red handled one in my workshop, modern style but dating back to about 1975.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

My first car was a Ford and that was yellow, 30 years ago. I follow your logic and conclude that all non-yellow Fords must be fakes.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Except when they?re blue

-
Reply to
Mark

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "George" saying something like:

Pretty badly defined 5. It does look more like an S.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Harry Bloomfield saying something like:

I second that - not all Antexes were yellow and that one in the pic looked to me right away as if it was an old Antex.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I look at it again and still see an S. :-) It takes a good hard look to see the flattened lines which form the top of the 5.

Reply to
BigWallop

"What numbers do you see revealed in the patterns of dots below? "

Umm, 'S' isn't a number, not even a Roman one... :-)

Reply to
Rod

It actually is pretty well the same font as used in the text. As a 5.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The whole idea is to show up even slight colour vision problems. Of course your monitor may not display the colours correctly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The one thing this does all prove is you can't identify an iron by the colour...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)