Identify a TRV?

Try to find the maker of TRV's that have an unusual fitting.

Instead of the head screwing into the body like the normal ones, these have a black plastic ribbed 'collar' which fits over the body & is secured by a small hex grub screw that locates into a grove.

Anyone have a clue about make?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Danfoss made some strange fittings:

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Thanks Alan, that looks just like it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Danfoss.Got them in my house.Small allen screw is imperial and needs a good fitting key to release.I usually spray with plus gas before I attempt it.These TRV`s are bad for the plunger sticking in if they are closed for any length of time.

Reply to
mark

Exactly the problem - so changing the head won't help then?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Take the cap off and you can pull the plunger back with a pair of pliers.Give it a spray and a few push pulls and it`ll be ok for a while.

Reply to
mark

The plunger - more like a pin - came out when I took the head off, so its moving easily.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Bellows must be a gonner then.

Reply to
mark

I'm hoping that will be the case. Plan is to replace the head first. It's an office environment & draining down would be a PITA.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You place the side of a spanner or something on the plunger pin. You then tap it gently wirra 'ammer

With luck, it should then spring back up

Reply to
geoff

In message , mark writes

You can remove the plunger with pliers (gently, so as not to score the brass) but it won't necessarily release the action. It needs tapping downwards, but with something on top of the plunger so that you don't distort the pin

Reply to
geoff