Ideas for replacement axles on sun lounger

I've lost a pair of plastic/nylon pins/lugs that serve as axles for a sun lounger. Another sun lounger has these pins so I know what they look like (see the link below).

I suspect it'll be impossible to source replacements so I would like to make a couple instead. I have no experience of doing this and wondered what would be the best way to do this (I was thinking of making a mould but am unsure what resin to use). I've looked at hand mouldable plastic but I don't think it ever becomes a pourable liquid. Also this plastic is relatively pricey at £18 for 500g on Amazon

).

Any better suggestions, please ?

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul G

I'd be tempted to use metal rod, perhaps a bolt with the thread sanded down , and shape the small end. You can stick it in a drill to sand it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I see that as a solid gold opportunity. Let's find out whether 3D printers are any use.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Mike Barnes wrote in news:c3k2tkF8nr3U1 @mid.individual.net:

Ignore the taper and just use a bolt or studding with some locknuts - or Loctite..

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Yes, but fill or grind off the thread, or your wheels will have very short lives.

NT

Reply to
meow2222