Ideas for 16 meter long arms...

As expensive as a new battery.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Almost a possibility.

I think it will have to be string and a weight..

I can't get a platform that will do 50 feet cheaply or easily. And I suspect it may be higher.

Its not climbable.

Its not mine to cut down.

I don't have any suitable kites, helicopters or balloons.

It's beyond ladders.

It's either a very wobbly pole and poke, or a string and a weight. I would get some chimney sweep stuff, but that beyond the reach of those more or less.

I think time has almost run out as well. the battery may well be toast already. No wind is forecast for DAYS.

If I can't cobble something together from what I have today, I might as well wait for nature to take its course.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What are you doing flying models anyway.. they contribute to global warming. ;-)

Reply to
dennis

=============================== Ask the local Fire Service - they seem to spend most of their time rescuing cats from tall trees.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Was your model radio-controlled? Perhaps a second radio-controlled plane could knock the first one off its perch. And if that gets stuck, a third one may do the job ...

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

What? it uses less than a lightbulb switched on for an hour

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

yeah, but not without damage...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote

Catapult to fire projectiles and dislodge it. OR Catapult to fire projectile with thin thread after it attached to string attached to cord etc etc

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Train next doors cat to climb up and sit there for half hour,then tell the neighbour their cat is stuck up the tree...which will prompt them to call the firebrigade and whilst they're saving the cat ask them to bring your plane down.

:-)

Reply to
George

Well, employ two or three then.

David

Reply to
Lobster

A CFL I hope...

Reply to
Lobster

The fire brigade don't rescue cats from trees. They have not done this for more than thirty years.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

So who does?

Reply to
Andy Hall

When did you last see a cat's skeleton up a tree?

Reply to
Keith

Another angling suggestion, any half decent fly fisherman would welcome the challenge. If you can only find coarse or sea fishermen, use a spinning rod with a weight and suitable grapple.

Reply to
Newshound

It all counts. Its no good saving energy in one place and wasting it somewhere else.

Reply to
dennis

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:54:10 +0100, tony sayer mused:

I've just been round a few jobs on a 13m van mount today, good fun!

Reply to
Lurch

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:05:52 +0100, The Natural Philosopher mused:

Why is the battery nearly toast?

Reply to
Lurch

In message , Brian Sharrock writes

Adjust the word *employ* to encourage?

Actually the real solution is probably sitting in a farm yard just up the road. Telescopic all terrain fork lift with work platform adaption including guard rails to HSE spec. Probably reach 20' plus NP's 6' plus a few lengths of drain rod, job done. Farmer pleased to have earned a few brownie points with a tax payer:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I can't answer that, but more than 30 years ago, we had a kitten and when I went to call it in for the night, I could just about hear it meowing. It took me ages to find it. It had climbed a tree that was well above my step ladder height, so I called the fire brigade, only to be told that they didn't do that sort of work anymore.

I ended up with my step ladders on the roof of a mini van in freezing conditions climbing up to get the damned cat. Only to be greeted with several scratches on my wrist. Oh! I forgot to mention, I had just got back from the pub and a good night it was. If I had been stone cold, I would have left it up there.

Dave

Reply to
Dave