Ideal Sprint Rapide RS75n

If I run the hot water tap this boiler blows the house fuse and then I have to reset it. If I plug this boiler to an Isolation Transformer (240v to 240v) then it seems to work fine. What could be wrong?

Thanks

Reply to
Jack00

You seem to have a short circuit to earth, possibly around the microswitch on top of the diverter valve. Is there a water leak from this unit? Note this is only one of a number of possible scenarios and you should use someone competent to investigate..

Reply to
cynic

I take it you mean RCD and not fuse?

I take it this is a combi boiler, so does it work ok in heating mode?

If so then it sounds like a fault related to the diversion valve. Could be wiring, water ingress or a number of things.

Reply to
John Rumm

Earth fault on the element.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Reply to
cynic

cynic brought next idea :

I read 'boiler' as one of those big tea boiler things. We still don't know for sure that my interpretation was wrong though ;-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Reply to
cynic