Ideal Mini C28 (combi)

Had a problem with an Ideal Mini C28 today. With CH 'ON' on the timclock, buner alight, apply DHW demand, the burner would go out (presumably to initiate DHW delivery at a higher burner rate) but the burner does not kick in (div valve moves etc, just no burner). Turn off DHW demand, burner comes on for CH. Turn CH 'OFF' on the time clock, apply DHW demand, burner comes on fine and supplies hot water a-go-go. Flow rate fine. Simply doesn't want to supply DHW when CH is on??!! I called Ideal Tech (yes, I was desperate), but they had no clue and are sending an Ideal engineer out later this week as the boiler is still under warranty. This means however, that I am unlikely to ever find the cause of the problem. Anybody come across these symptoms before and know the solution?

TIA, Angus.

Reply to
Fentoozler

I'll be interested to know how this turns out. I'm really reluctant to suggest it's the PCB but...

Have you tried removing the integral clock ( I presume that the sort of clock you mean) and contorl the boiler externally? Same symptoms?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Yep, integral timer, controlled externally, same symptoms. It was getting beyond 17:30 so I wanted to call Ideal before they closed, therefore didn't investigate fully (but did work through the fault flowcharts to no avail). I thought PCB too, or maybe a weird thermister problem, but Ideal Tech were akin to a chocolate teapot re advise.

At least I found a workaround for the customer (i.e. turn off CH, fill bath, turn CH back on)!

Angus

Reply to
Fentoozler