Ideal ICOS HE18 Boiler

How easy is it to change the fan on this boiler? Mine is making a whirring noise, and is driving me mad. Not a job for me I know, but do you need to drain the system at all? Just trying to best guess the time taken to do it, in case I need to book a whole day off work.

Reply to
SantaUK

If you've never done it before, then I reckon 2 hours to take your time doing it methodically. From the diagram linked here:

It looks pretty much like my old boiler, and access was pretty good to all parts. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Changing the fan on my Baxi Solo takes all of 10 minutes - and doesn't involve getting anywhere near the water. I don't know your boiler, but can't think why it should be any different in this respect.

-- Cheers, Roger ______ Email address maintained for newsgroup use only, and not regularly monitored.. Messages sent to it may not be read for several weeks. PLEASE REPLY TO NEWSGROUP!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Thanks for that guys. Much appreciated. Looking at that diagram it looks easy. But no, Corgi Reg will be doing it.

Reply to
SantaUK

In message , SantaUK writes

Can you not tie your own shoelaces then ?

Is the fan part of the circulating water system ?

Or might that be the pump

err ...

draw your own conclusions

You might need to work overtime when you see the price

You could prolly do it in a couple of hours if you have the right tools

Reply to
geoff