Ideal Home Exhibition, Earls Court

Me too.

On a related point, is the Grand Designs show at all worth a visit? (I bet they don't have miniature Hovises either, though.)

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Hmm. I'm not sure - it's been long time - but you may be right.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Apparently

Surprised they're not pushing "Last ever chance to see ..."

Reply to
Andy Burns

It was pretty crap as I remember.

Sorry, that was a Wodney type response. ;)

Reply to
brass monkey

My mind's eye showed an embossed version as soon as this Hovis sub-thread started. But it could be wrong!

Reply to
polygonum

Bob Eager

As I posted earlier, you can get them...at a price. Probably cheaper if you shop around.

Bob Eager

According to the pictures of the replica tins, you are correct. And that's what I remember, too.

Reply to
Bob Eager

7.50 _each_? Are they considered 'collectibles' now?
Reply to
S Viemeister

I think I'll stick with my plain tins (of which I probably have far too many).

Reply to
S Viemeister

Quite. Cheaper on ebay.

Reply to
Bob Eager

ARgh. I went once and only once. Full of people selling kitchens and other expensive stuff. Incidentally if they had one in Switzerland would it be the Ideal Gnome Exhibition?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Make a lamp from a bottle kits. There were also wonderfully horrible things like flat speakers that sounded like flat speakers..

I think the Japanese should start selling their toilets over here. brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I've been a couple of times and quite like it. Everything seems to be better quality (and probably higher priced) than the Ideal Home Show but at least they are selling things that might stand a chance of lasting.

I have also been to the 100% Design Show which seems to be smaller producers but also has a whole section of innovative building methods so not just fancy cushions and recycled furniture and the like.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Do you have any links. I need new ones after breaking a blade on my S&J pair.

Reply to
Andrew May

On Thursday 07 March 2013 09:02 Andrew May wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Grand Designs show Excel, London - I think this could be worth a visit.

4-12th May it seems.

Looking at the exhibitor list, that looks a *lot more like* the IHE used to be. Until it went crap as everyone seems to be in agreement about...

The other one,

is in Earls Court, Spet

2013. That looks very interesting.

Thanks for the tips :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Thanks to Andrew and Tim for the replies. I'll give the Grand Designs show a go if I can get to it.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Sorry, checking, it was about 3 years ago, so I can't really help. There seem to be plenty available though.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Went to one .. at one stand a guy was selling Paint cleaning system that fitted in an electric drill ... spun off the paint.

2 sizes for paint brushes & one for rollers - makes cleaning x10 faster. Absolutely superb ... still using it more than 10 yrs later.
Reply to
Rick Hughes

The descendants of some visitors are still waiting for something they ordered at a stand to be delivered by Carter Paterson.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg