Ideal boiler Transformer on PCB

Boiler is suddenly showing no signs of life, PCB fuse is fine, supply is fine. Opened up control PCB from its plastic casing and the casing is showing indications of the PCB mount mains transformer over heating.

The markings on the transformer suggest 2x 9v sec. 1x10v sec, but the pins numbers marked on the tranformer were obviously simply WRONG at manufacture. Added to that the insulation resistance between windings is quite low at 2M Ohm, and it seems there has to be one secondary secondary O/C.

So I have convinced myself, based on the evidence above, that the tranformer has failed. It is marked era Punenburg, which I guess is the manufacturer. The era is styalised, so could well be ela.

Anyone got a line on the source because I cannot find them via Google please?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In article , Harry Bloomfield scribeth thus

Best bet is to give Geoff a bell or mail, he's your man for that sort of thing.

No connection apart from being a satisfied customer:)..

tony sayer

tony sayer explained on 05/07/2013 :

Geoff who?

It would likely cost as much to track down the transformer as fit a recon PCB and apparently their were issues with it anyway (maybe this transformer, reading between the lines), it seems there has been an revised version.

It is an Icos HE18 - anyone know what the difference might be between the Orange and black cased control PCB's please?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Geoff at cetltd.com, who has supplied me with spares for an obsolete boiler at a good price. He's had good recommendations here from quite a lot of people.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Thanks for the clarification, sorry I missed seeing the link.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In article , Harry Bloomfield scribeth thus

Hence the URL above. Geoff does a good line in refurbed boards and whilst I suppose I could track down parts etc he's often a much better bet:)...

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes - the original black PCBs are completely unreliable and indeed it is quite a feat that yours has lasted this long. The orange (v9) PCB is its replacement and evidently much more reliable.

I seem to recall the transformer (ERA) is one of the Achilles heels of this PCB.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

replying to Vir Campestris, Sash wrote: Had the same problem myself you can buy a replacement transformer from this from a company called GUC-Electronics google them. Its not the ERA transformer but good enough installed mine over 4 years ago still works 100%.

I think they are based somewhere near London and will you will have it in a few days time.

Reply to
Sash