'ickle bit of concrete

1m x 2.4m x 150mm = 0.36m3, as a base for a bulk LPG tank.

What mix would you use, and would you hire a mixer and DIY it, or look into readymix? What sort of cost would you expect?

Ta.

Reply to
Adrian

Depends on your age and fitness level !

Years ago I would have mixed it on a board, a bit later in life I'd have used my cement mixer, and now I'd get a man in I did fill a large brick gate pillar a few weeks ago that took 6 mixes of my Belle Minimix which left me knackered !!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In my younger days I might have done quantity that by hand.

Now I'd definitely use a mixer! It all depends on how fit you are, and how methodically you'd do the shovelling and barrowing.

Reply to
Fredxx

On Monday 12 August 2013 15:05 Adrian wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I'd use a C20 4:2:1 mix (gravel:sharp-sand:cement)

This has some useful info:

I'd hire a mixer and do it myself.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Depends on what you local materials are like. Around here "all in one ballast" is readily available, so I would use about 5:1 of that.

Doable in a mixer I would say, or get a mix on site lorry to deliver what you need.

Reply to
John Rumm

Soddit. Half a cubic metre, delivered, £150. Given we're way out in the sticks, it's probably steep but wtf. I've just minidiggered the hole out, and it's a bit deeper than need be, so the difference between the nominal .36 and .5 won't go to waste...

Let's hope Calor can get the new tank in soonish, since I also managed to minidigger the pipe betwixt old tank and house. Oops.

Reply to
Adrian