I've just had one of these delivered

When set up correctly its spot on with the cuts either mitred or straight angled.

I paid 71GBP for mine.

Laughing. :-)

Nice Xmas prezzie.

SirBenjamin

How do you find it compares to the better manuacturers. Also if you put a straight edge along the back guide plate is does it all line up? As this is a known fault in some of the other makes. Calum

Reply to
calums

Could you emphasise on that?

With a minor adjustment here and there from factory default,my right angle tool is telling me its spot on,my set square is not letting any light through for the down cut...

So yes it can be up there with the big boys tools

I do think its a bit on the big size though. but hey swings and roundabouts.

The laser level is a bonus

Reply to
SirBenjamin

SirBenjamin

price of £426 when you can buy the Makita for less.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

cheaper tools I don't believe this is one of them. Do a search on Bosun and the only places selling them are Ebay and Price-Crash TV. I don't find anywhere selling this saw at the RRP of =A3400 plus. As far as I can tell it's just a cheap mitre saw, much the same as the Titan model from Screwfix at =A340 or if you likr the laser the Erbauer at =A379.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I'm sure the Chinese can put together a mitre saw as well as the Japanese, but Makita it aint.

As with all these cheap power tools, they're great so long as you don't want to use them all day every day and so long as your livelihood doesn't rely on it.

If you want a good one, hire it. My policy is to buy cheap power tools on the whole and when I want a really good one, set the job up and then hire it.

Fash

Reply to
Fash

To be honest I took that with a pinch of salt.

I was dubious at first reading some of the feedback as to the saw in question.

1 said it was noisy? this guys never used a power saw before? 2 said it was poor quality? its well made all that needs to be operational and mechanically wise is made in steel or alloy. 3 said was not accurate? this guy must have thought you just use it straight from the box?

It was a good buy for 70GBP.

Reply to
SirBenjamin

Reply to
Andy Hall

With the slide at maximum extension, can you rock the carriage from side to side?

Reply to
dom

Why?

Reply to
SirBenjamin

Duh! forget that your asking is there any play in it?

There's no play from the carriage nor from the blade itself.

Reply to
SirBenjamin

I'm umming and ahhing about replacing my DeWalt DW700 with a Bosch GCM12SD as it seems quite frequently I have to resort to a handheld circular saw and/or rolling the job over.

I checked out cheaper brands (e.g. Rexon) and on all of them the head was not sufficiently rigid to be sure of consitent accuracy.

Reply to
dom

announce it on the internet!

However her parents who live 2 doors away did sign for the parcel as we were not in and then they opened it.

Nice Xmas prezzie

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There's a difference here though...

This is a usefull tool...seems she must be having problems with your tool.

Reply to
SirBenjamin

Yes , Yes & Yes.

Reply to
SirBenjamin

bit years ago for 80 quid.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

With twin sliders and 10" blade? The 8" ones were about that price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

mentioned on this group).

To others:

Yes, cheap nasty chinese bit of kit. Laser/battery packaging is very poor.

However, laser is accurate. Blade appears accurate, and if my mate hadn't borrowed it for the last 2 months I'd guess it cuts accurate (he's raving about it, incidentally).

First impressions were nasty loud motor, heavy base, fiddly adjustments, but under all that, enough power, depth of cut (including the rather smooth radial arm), stability to be genuinely useful.

Yes, the £426 rrp is an absolute joke, my ebay feedback response was that it was worth the money that I paid for it.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

It is with anything. 'Quality' makers pull the same trick.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)