I've had an idea. I'm a bit clueless with DIY. I want to put up a roller blind, here are some photos - sensible?

That's not helpful.

The lad asked for help here, I hope he gets it with better grace.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

How did you get there?

Oh, you didn't ...

Why is it a stupid question?

Did YOU know everything at 19?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yes, but they won't just be used for one job. Tools are usually a good investment.

Your room's untidy !

Oh - I was thinking how (relatively) tidy it was! Far tidier than any of our litter's littered rooms when they were students. Far tidier than Spouse's corner in various rooms here. And as for his workshop and shed ... :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "John Laird" contains these words:

My boss once sent me to Machine Mart with a blank cheque and the parting words "Get anything you need". She wasn't stupid - she knew I knew the difference between need and want. Cruel though.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

At the time, probably.

Reply to
Guy King

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Wise woman.

Would that more people understood the difference.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

College is full of helpful people, at least mine was. What would be your first point of reference? usenet?

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

I'm mystified, all he needs is a =A31 screwdriver set from poundland.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

If he doesn't need to do any drilling, sure.

(Also assuming the blind doesn't need to be trimmed to fit, in which case a pair of sharp scissors and small hacksaw would be useful, however a new hole in the pole might have to be drilled to re-fit the end fitting.)

--=20 "A day without sunshine is like night."

Reply to
John Laird

he's mounting to plasterboard, a screwdriver will make a few holes in that easily.

OK, so if a hollow tube =A32, or even 3 if hes not got scissors. 4 if a long straight edge is needed.

Or if its a wooden pole that needs drilling... no, I'll wait for OP response before suggesting that :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222