I see no complaints about the BBC's

coverage of the floods, winds, power outages, transport problems, etc, over Xmas.

Has miserable Old Billy had a nice time enjoying other people's misfortune?

Ain't he lucky, 'cos there's another load of bad weather coming along next week.

Reply to
Artic

Well they could learn to spell Surrey

Crystal Palace DAB BBC Surry

well I mean..

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Sounds like the phonetic way to spell Surrey when said in a posh accent. Smiley.

Reply to
Scott M

You have missed an L after the S.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Perhaps they haven't 'bin' there?

Reply to
Capitol

There doesn't seem much point. It's the SE so grabs the headlines by default.

Strange that when the whole East Coast took a hammering from the biggest storm surge in decades together with widespread damage across Northern England and Scotland it hardly got a mention...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

When was that?

Reply to
Richard

"Artic" misfortune?

All the news is bad news, not just weather. Haven't you noticed?

Reply to
harryagain

harryagain scribbled...

Like here then, where most of the posts are down to someone having a problem.

Reply to
Artic

this stems from the RDS limit of an 8 character station name.

Reply to
charles

Much more coverage as it was the South that there would have been if the floods were elsewhere methinks.

Reply to
Broadback

Broadback scribbled...

More people affected - more crew available to cover the story. I've long since stopped worrying that the BBC don't cover stories local to me - in fact the local paper doesn't do much either. I know what flooding looks like, as I do car crashes and fires. So I don't feel the need to see every instance of any of them.

Reply to
Artic

No smiley so I shall asume it's a serious question.

The same time as some 95 year old with a long standing lung infection finally pegged it in South Africa.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

this type of reporting has been going on for nearly 50 years! TW3 had a sketch which ran "The whole of Britain has ben hit by blizzards - here is a picture of the snow outsie the newsroom window"

Reply to
charles

No matter how many times I count, "BBC Surry" comes out at nine characters.

Reply to
polygonum

Parity error?

Reply to
John Williamson

:-)

And why does an RDS limit affect a DAB station?

Reply to
polygonum

The space counts as 1 character.

Reply to
Bod

Are you saying that to agree with me? Or to disagree in a way I haven't fathomed out?

:-)

Reply to
polygonum

Just winding you up :-)