I need a flash hammer

I need to buy a decent hammer for someone as a prezzie, (there are several chipping in) so money isnt a problem. He is a general builder.

Anyone any ideas of a really decent flash loking hammer, this guy is kind of bling bling. If you know what I mean.

Money no object.

Thanks again, btw the stains came out of the coat (other recent post about expanding foam) with Acetone and some fine sanding paper. Coat is tough canvas material so took a while to scrub, but its clean again, THANKS.

Reply to
BarryTaylor

Has to be an Estwing weight forward:

if you really want to push the boat out a Vaughan titanium hammer:

dom

Or confuse him, by buying both and telling him to take his pick - as the old gag goes.

Reply to
dom

What about a hammer with depleted uranium in the head for extra weight. Much like this golf club:

they be obtained?

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

Or if one is simply extracting the urine, there's the floral print hammer with screwdriver built into the handle:

Steve Firth

uranium enrichment centrifuges, is available for golf clubs.

if you can find a maraging steel hammer, I'll be well impressed.

Maraging steel is considered a military technology though, so no taking it with you on contracts to knock up a few sheds in Iran.

Reply to
dom

??????

Reply to
neverwas

I love my _big_ Vaughan framing hammer (hatchet-shape handle) from Axminster. Quicker for roofwork than a pneumatic, as it's far lighter to clamber around with.

The "weight forwards" are interesting, but only any good for framing onto girts. You clout your knuckles if you use them on sheetgoods.

(Germany, easy mail order) do some nice bling tools (especially sharp ones) but the classy Japanese stuff tends to be "iki" rather than bling - it's a whole different aesthetic. The smaller square-headed hammers are really good for fine bench cabinetry.

A blacksmith (or bladesmith) might appreciate a "dog faced" hammer, once they've tried it (at least 30 quid for '50s mil-surplus off eBay

- they're fought over).

But really it just has to be a titanium one (Axminster et al). Just don't ask me how this "half the weight, twice the inertia" malarkey is supposed to work.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Don't know if they've any left, but a few years ago Tilgear were doing clearance deals on sparkproof bronze sledgehammers, up to about 28lb weight. Very shiny and sparkly gold coloured (just don't polish them, it's a beryllium bronze!)

Perfect for when you wanted to smash something, without scratching it with a steel hammer face.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Yup! Agreed, and they actually do work!

You could add a Fubar as well